Ahhhhhh holiday baking. It overwhelms me. Just like finals…
Naturally, come stress and exams… sickness falls upon me. What better cure than brownies… especially if they are gluten free? But you would never know…
Perfect crackly top, ooey-gooey center. Trust. On the real.
It IS heaven.
8oz semisweet chocolate
2oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a double boiler, melt both chocolates and butter until smooth and no longer lumpy. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″x9″ brownie pan and line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang.
3. Once chocolate/butter mixture is cool, mix in the sugar and vanilla.
4. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating fully after each addition.
5. Stir in flour and salt.
6. Pour into prepared brownie pan, level the top and bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost dry, with a few wet crumbs still attached. Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing. Cut however large you’d like!
I cut it into four squares, then diagonally across into triangles. I then cut those triangles in half. 🙂