Peanut butter is a gift from the Gods. And if you’re allergic to peanuts…. well…. I don’t really have words for how awful that must be to not be able to experience the world of peanut butter. I’m sorry, it’s cruel, I know that, but…. oh well. Someone recently asked me what my favourite food was and naturally the first thing I thought of was peanut butter….
Is that weird? Usually people name a particular dish or country’s cuisine. Nope. Not me. Apparently my favourite food is peanut butter. Hands down.
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup toffee bits
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Using an electric mixer, combine peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until well-combined and the sugar is fully incorporated.
2. Add in baking soda. Mix until combined.
3. Add skor bits and chocolate chips, folding by hand. DO NOT OVERMIX.
4. Line baking tray with parchment or a SILPAT, place 2 tbsp dough in palm of hand and roll into a ball. Place cookies 2″ apart on the tray. Gently wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, take plastic wrap off. Bake for 8 minutes, remove and flatten out the cookies with a fork (I crosshatched – also may stick to fork so you may want to wet the fork in between presses). Place back in the oven for 3-5 more minutes until desired texture. **LET COOL COMPLETELY ON THE TRAY BEFORE DIGGING IN – THEY WILL FALL APART IF YOU DO NOT LET THEM COOL**