Chef school really takes the wind out of you. I didn’t realize how much hard work being in a kitchen environment really is. Those steel toed boots are really getting the best of my feet. Having that said: a healthy, deliciously fancy dessert recipe was absolutely necessary this week. I like the Greek yogurt to be cold and not room temperature. It makes the plums taste better I swear.
2 plums, halved and cored
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup plain, non fat greek yogurt
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp chopped basil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk melted butter, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and cinnamon.
3. Pour into a small brownie pan (I used 8×8), roll the plums in it and then place cut side down.
4. Roast for about 20 minutes. **Makes sure you’re checking on them, they burn quickly**
5. While the plums are roasting, mix together greek yogurt, basil and honey. Place back into the fridge until ready to serve.
6. In a ramekin or small bowl, place the yogurt mixture in one half and the plums in the other. Spoon some balsamic mixture over everything and enjoy your gourmet dessert in less than half an hour!